Saturday, November 22, 2014

In Sickness and in Health

I hope this isn't either of us this winter.
This month I was all psyched to get into NaNoWriMo when three days in I felt a stabbing pain in my right side. Having experienced such pain before, I knew the drill. Two weeks and one emergency surgery later, I am much improved, but while I was sick I got absolutely no writing done. It's an observation more than a critique. Despite spending days laying around doing nothing, I wasn't able to write.

I've heard of a number of writers who suffer from chronic illness yet still manage to type out award-winning and best-selling volumes. My little bout gave me new respect for them. Seriously, when I don't feel well I can't think.

Are you able to write when you are sick? How do you push through the physical and mental malaise?




No comments: