Thursday, May 22, 2014

Favorite Things - Natural Reader

Reading what we've written out loud is a wonderful way to improve our writing. We can catch mistakes as well as hear if narrative and dialogue flow naturally, but hearing our own voices can get old fast.

Fortunately there's Natural Reader, a Text to Speech software that can not only give our vocal cords a rest, I have found it helps me catch more errors than if I am reading myself.

A limited version of the program is free to download and use. I admit I splurged to buy a couple of the extra, higher quality voices, now available in what is called the "Personal" version.

What are some of your favorite writing tools?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

The current best text to speech software is Text Speaker. It has customizable pronunciation, reads anything on your screen, and it even has talking reminders. The bundled voices are well priced and sound very human. Voices are available in English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, and more. Easily converts blogs, email, e-books, and more to MP3 or for listening instantly.