Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Book Review - MORTAL ENCHANTMENT by Stacey O'Neale

Mortal Enchantment (Mortal Enchantment, #1)Mortal Enchantment by Stacey O'Neale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I will admit I made a mistake when it came to reading MORTAL ENCHANTMENT. I didn't read THE SHADOW PRINCE first. Don't ask me why. THE SHADOW PRINCE is the prequel novella to MORTAL ENCHANTMENT, and is free and available on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble. But there you have it. I went into MORTAL ENCHANTMENT blind. And I'm not saying it wasn't good, I would have given it four stars, but then I read THE SHADOW PRINCE, and the things I felt were lacking suddenly made sense.

So, potential readers, listen to my sad tale and download the free prequel, then read MORTAL ENCHANTMENT.

That being said, MORTAL ENCHANTMENT is a fun read that reminds me something of the IRON FEY series by Julie Kagawa. Mild language but nothing too racy. I will definitely be catching the next installment.

View all my reviews

No comments: