Friday, May 03, 2019

The (Literally) Printed Word is a Beautiful Thing

Photo by my awesome social media manager Becca Anthony. Ask me about her if you're looking for social media help!
I take pride in being a techie geek. I have set up business networks, and enjoyed it! So I always felt a little smug satisfaction in the fact I had very few physical books. Lots of ebooks, and lots of audiobooks, but only a few shelves of real paper and ink.

Then I set about to improve my Instagram account. Sure, I could have posted all ebook covers, but I thought I should buy a few of my very favorite books in hardback. Not only would they look great in photographs, I would be able to read just my favorite parts over again, something very difficult to do in digital format.

Little did I know what I was missing. How exquisitely beautiful these books have been! I have learned there is so much more to book design then the front picture, from the quality of the paper, to the design of the cover under the dust jacket, to the font, and how it feels under my finger tips. Wow!

Looks like I am going to have to buy some more bookshelves!

No comments: